Hmmmmmmm......Pumpkin Cake Cookies


Looks like they may be good don't they??????
I decided to try a recipe from a Paleo website for some cookies. I am trying to help a friend stick to a reset diet and thought these would be good for when she just needs a little something. The batter was quite wet which worried me a little and they didn't set very well even though I left them for a few minutes longer AND they ended up being really "eggy". If you come across a recipe that looks similar to the one below just keep moving. These definitely are not the little something my friend is looking for!


Pumpkin Cake Cookies
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup coconut oil melted
5 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp. honey
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 cup dark chocolate chips (I didn't use this much)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In large bowl, mix pumpkin, oil, eggs, vanilla and honey.

In a separate bowl, whisk coconut flour, baking powder, and spices. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.

On baking sheet lined with parchment paper, scoop out about 2 tbsp. of dough for each cookie. Bake for 10-12 min, until no longer wet and bottoms are cooked. Cool for 5-10 min before moving to cooling rack. Serve warm.
I even had to grind the cloves in my mortal and pestle because I didn't have ground cloves...Shiesh!

Comments

Popular Posts